FBI Fingerprinting Registration
You need FBI Fingerprinting checks if you are:
- a School employee or volunteer.
- a Church employee who has not lived in the state of Pennsylvania for two or more years.
- a Church volunteer who has not lived in the state of Pennsylvania for two or more years.
What to Do
- Click here to access the Cogent Applicant Fingerprint Registration System.
- Choose the appropriate department.
- If you are a School employee or volunteer, choose the Department of Education (PDE).
- If you have not lived in the state of Pennsylvania for at least two years and are becoming a School volunteer, choose the Department of Education (PDE).
- If you are a Parish volunteer or employee, choose the Deparment of Public Welfare (DPW).
- Under the Registration section at the upper-right corner of the screen, choose Register Online. Those who entered the Department of Education (PDE) will need to check a dissemination disclaimer box and click Continue.
- Complete the information.
- Choose a payment type.
- Choose the reason for being fingerprinted.
- Transaction Information
- Payment Type
- Last Name
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Social Security Number with no dashes or spaces
- Confirm your Social Security Number.
- Eye Color
- Hair Color
- Country of Citizenship
- Your Driver’s License No.
- Phone #
- E-Mail Address
- If you would like a copy of the report be mailed to the address on your application check the first box. There is $2.50 processing fee.
- If you would like a copy of the report be mailed to the address on your application check the second box.
- Click Next.
- The next page is for verification. Please verify that your information is correct. Then click Next.
- Enter your credit card information. Click Pay.
- Continue to perform the FBI Background check.
- When finished, print the registration page and submit it to the YPP Coordinator.
- Then go to a fingerprinting location to have your fingers printed.