Required Clearance for Church Employees and Vendors (there are additional requirements for school employees):
Follow the instructions listed below. Complete all bullet points. Print all your paperwork and return it to Erin Maiolino.
- Pennsylvania Access to the Criminal History Check: $10.
Link to the site: https://epatch.state.pa.us/
- Click on: Record Check
- Click on: New Record Check
- Click on: Accept
- Reason for Request: DHS – Volunteer Work – Employment * (The lines indicated with an asterisk is a must complete line.)
- Click: Next
- Complete the Record Check Request form by filling in the required fields.
- Verify information as correct – Spelling – SSN – Date of Birth
- Review the information you entered.
- Click: Submit
- Childline – Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (DHS): $10.
Link to the DHS for Electronic Submission: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS. Create INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT or click on INDIVIDUAL LOGIN if renewing.
Employees who have not lived in PA for the last 10 years are required to get an FBI background check via Cogent Systems. The cost of the Pennsylvania applicant fingerprinting process is $27.50. Your fingerprints will be used for a background check of the FBI database.
To acquire a FBI report – You must first register with COGENT Systems prior to going for fingerprints. This can be done 7 days per week 24 hours a day at https://www.pa.cogentid.com/ or by phone Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST at 1-888-439-2486.
Payments can be made on line using credit card or debit card or at site with a money order or cashier’s check ONLY made payable to COGENT SYSTEMS. No cash or personal checks will be accepted. https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpwNew.htm
- Select: Pa Pennsylvania – Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Reason for fingerprinting:
- Click – Next – Verify all information as being correct
- Click – Next – Here you are to enter your credit card information
- Click – Pay, after reviewing all information as correct
Minor Summer Hires who will be working for the parish and have no direct contact with children are NOT require to obtain an FBI background check.