About the Knights of Columbus?
The Knights was formed to render financial aid to members and their families. Mutual aid and assistance are offered to sick, disabled and needy members and their families. Social and intellectual fellowship is promoted among members and their families through educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief and public relief works.
The history of the Order shows how the foresight of Father Michael J. McGivney, whose cause for sainthood is being investigated by the Vatican, brought about what has become the world's foremost Catholic fraternal benefit society. The Order has helped families obtain economic security and stability through its life insurance, annuity and long-term care programs, and has contributed time and energy worldwide to service in communities.
The Knights of Columbus has grown from several members in one council to more than 13,000 councils and 1.7 million members throughout the United States, Canada, the Philippines, Mexico, Poland, the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Panama, the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, Cuba, Guatemala, Guam and Saipan.
from the Knights of Columbus organization's website.
About Council 6353 East York, Pa
- We meet at Saint Joseph Church located at 2935 Kingston Rd, York Pa.
- We meet on the first (Officers) and third Tuesdays (General) of the month at 7:00 pm
- Come early to the General meeting and join your Brother Knights at 6:30 pm as we say the rosary.
- Our council is growing in members year after year.
- Our council supports the parish and the local community.
- We invite you to join our council if you are a practical Catholic male who is 18 or over.
Who Are the Knights of Columbus?